Monday, January 19, 2009

Finally!

I know I am quite late in posting our Christmas and New Year's photos. But, we had such a wonderful Christmas and had a nice family New Year's, so I thought I would post the pictures. Our Christmas was much different this year as we were in our new house and we had guests over. My mom and brother stayed over on Christmas Eve and then we had a big family breakfast in the morning. I actually loved having them there. Maybe it will become a tradition. I did realize though, just how much work Christmas is. I was up till about 1am finishing things and then got up at 6 to make sure Santa had come. I definitely realize how much work it was for my parent's and am so greatful for all they did.

Our attempt at gingerbread houses-
Parker checking out what Santa left.He was not too sure about the hat at first, but as you can see, he later loved wearing it. Opening baby sister's clothes.Parker got new boots and a shovel from Santa, so he immediately had to put them on. He wanted so badly to go out and shovel and didn't understand why I wouldn't let him go out dressed this way! Building a snowman and shoveling with Grandpa Gardner. And although he had snot crusted onto his face (Parker not Grandpa), he did not want to come in! (If you are wondering why my dad has an orange vest on, your guess is as good as mine.) Gotta love my father!
Although Kory thought he might die if he stayed home for a New Year's, he actually enjoyed the night. Kory said he hadn't stayed home for New Year's in over 15 years and I could tell he was a bit antsy. I thought it was about time that he enjoyed a quiet evening at home and I didn't feel like doing anything other than staying home and having a nice dinner and watching the ball drop. I am a pregnant pooper I guess. I even had to have a nap before midnight rolled around. I guess I am getting too old! Anyway, here are a few photos of our holidays...
Banging pots and pans for the New Year. I tried to tell him if he turned the spatula around it would work better but he wanted to do it his way.
He was not too sure about drinking out of this glass at first, but as soon as he tasted the cider, he was ok with it.
Toasting to the New Year.
And lastly, a picture of me and by round belly at 29 weeks. I am definitely becoming large and in charge!

8 comments:

Kristy said...

I love his snow shoveling outfit! Such a little cutie.

JeRrY aNd MeLiSsA said...

Oh I miss you guys! He is so hilarious. I can't believe how advance his language is getting. I talked to him on the phone the other day and I could understand every single thing he was saying. I love the boots and shovel picture. He just cracks me up! As for you and your pregnant pictures they are so cute!

hoLLY said...

Oh my goodness your belly is so freakin cute! I love it! You look so cute pregos.
Ps ..I love your story about singing in your car that just totally makes you feel 100 times better! I love music that makes the mood!

Teddy said...

I love the updates. I hear ya with the New Years post. I'm not even preggers and when Del and I paid a sitter for Tom in Sun Valley, we only went out for about 45 min. I knew then that I am officially old.

Beth Dickson said...

Why didn't I know that you had a blog?!?!!! I just barely found it by looking at Jenny's blog. Your little boy is so stickin cute! I can't believe how big he is getting. You are also the cutest (skinniest) pregnant person I have ever seen! Do you know what you are having? I am glad that I got to stalk your blog and catch up on your life! Send me your email address and I will invite you to Abe's blog. Take care!
Love,
Cousin Beth

Heidi Rogers said...

Thanks for the prego belly pic!! I think if I watch him again, I am not going to give him back. I love the shovel pic.... that is a black mail pic.

No more letting Parker drink, what is wrong with you!!

The Sjoblom Family said...

Okay so the boots, shovel, and cowboy hat, are too cute. You look darling to. I can't believe what a small little pregnant person you are...you seriously suck. I am just jealous. Well looks like you guys had a good Christmas.

Lewis' said...

I love your dad! He cracks me up! I just went Private on my blog so I need your email address if you want to be invited! Jenny.lewis11@gmail.com. You looked so good at the expo~ you're so tiny!!