Thursday, June 26, 2008

I AM WORKIN'!

I just had to share this oh so cute and funny little story.

Last night, Kory took Parker out to Grandpa and Grandma Anderson's because Kory needed to work on his truck and I was not off of work yet. So, Kory took Parker out to the shop and Kory got busy working on his truck. I got off of work and drove out to do some work there too. I arrived at the shop to find grandpa and Kory trying to pry the windshield off of his truck and Parker sitting in a wrecked little Suzuki. I could see that Parker had found some miscellaneous screws and parts and was also pretending to drive.

I looked in and said, "Hi bud." I thought I would get a hi mom, or a hey or something. Parker looked up at me and said in an irritated voice, "I'm workin'!" He acted as if it was a bother that I even had asked him what he was doing. I looked over at Kory and Zed and we all started laughing. I said, "Oh really? Working, huh?" He said, "Yeah," and meanwhile was trying to fit a screw in a small plastic piece and was making grunting noises as if it was one of the hardest things he has ever done.

I was laughing so hard and was quite amazed that at 21 months, he even knew that it was truly work that daddy and grandpa do out in the shop. I didn't even know that he knew the word work. Well, I guess he should but still... I just found it so cute that he joined right in with his dad and grandpa and got to work.

I don't know what I would do without the daily dose of laughs he gives us.




5 comments:

JeRrY aNd MeLiSsA said...

He is so funny! I can't believe how blonde his hair is now. He was so funny the other night. Chelsi called me but Parker got on the phone and left me a message. He is just so cute. I miss you guys!

Kristy said...

Oh I miss him so much! That is so dang cute!

Teddy said...

Oh No, you are in for it! And that shirt is dang cute, if it's an osh-kosh Tom has the same one:)

JeRrY aNd MeLiSsA said...

I will post some pictures soon. We are still slowly gettings things unpacked so the house isn't all put together yet so I don't want to put pictures up quite yet. I miss you guys too. I can't wait for Bear Lake!

Three K's and Two P's said...

Yes Teddy, it totally is an Oshkosh shirt. Gotta love the Oshkosh! I know we are definitely in for it with him. Zed said it is his destiny to work on cars and I think he is right.