Saturday, March 21, 2009

She's Here!

Our little girl, Preslie Deziree Anderson, joined our family on March 17th, 2009 at 3:24 pm. Her middle name, Deziree, came about because we wanted to use Zed somehow, but it's hard to come up with a girl name with Zed. Lannis didn't like Zeddy much. So, Dez is Zed backwards. We went with the full name Deziree for a more feminie name (long story, I know). Dez actually fits her anyway. She weighed 7 lbs, 2 oz and was 19 1/2 inches long. She was born with so much dark brown hair on the back of her head but she is missing the hair on top. We think Grandpa Anderson sent her to us with his haircut so we could have a laugh. Her hair is so fun though. It's crazy that a dark brown haired baby came from me! Kory said if he wouldn't have seen it with his own eyes, that he wouldn't believe that I gave birth to her. I am just so light and fair--Kory of course has the dark hair, so that's where she gets it from.

Labor began quite slowly and I was getting somewhat discouraged. The day was flying by and I was worried I wasn't going to have her till the next day. Well, an hour passed and I dilated from a 3 to a 10 and it was time to have her. 4 pushes later, and there she was (too much info.? I am sorry).
We all love her so much and are so thankful to have her here. Parker loves being a big brother. He asked me to hold and feed him like I was feeding her (he sometimes forgets her name and has to ask us). I told him that only baby's eat this way and he seemed ok with it. He thinks it's weird that she eats this way anyway. What a transition from 1 child to 2. It's hard, but I wouldn't have it any other way!

Here she is...

6 comments:

JeRrY aNd MeLiSsA said...

Congratulations! She is absolutely perfect! I love the dark hair but that is definately different that Parker for sure. Dad must have sent that hair cut for us. I can't wait to meet her! Love you guys!!! :)

Teddy said...

I am so happy for you guys! What a sweet little bundle. I wish I could hold her RIGHT NOW! I need my baby fix. :)

Heidi Rogers said...

She is the sweetest thing ever! I love her all the days and Parker. Thanks for letting us come and play the other day.

hoLLY said...

yay she is here~!! congrats!!! she is so cute I love that one where she is all wrapped up and looking right at the camera! what a cutie! you look so great for just having a baby! whats your secret? Parker is so cute with little sis! congrats glad all went well! let me know if I can do anything to help!!
ps where are you guys living?? just wondering cause we are trying to find a house!

Nicole said...

Congrats! She is so beautiful. I kept checking your blog waiting for the pics. Its amazing how much bigger your first one seems once your new baby is finally there. I think having a new baby helps a family after a death. It somehow makes you feel closer to them. At least it did with Kennedy after my grandma died. Hope you are enjoying every moment with Preslie. They grow so fast.

little olsen clan said...

she is so beautiful! Love the name, congrats! Hope all is well with you!