Monday, March 9, 2009

Update

I thought I would post a little about what's been going on at our house... The last month or so has been hard, but we are trying to make things as normal as possible.

I am still pregnant. Not that I shouldn't be, I know I have a few weeks left, but I am feeling like quite the whale. For anyone who said I was looking small before, I have definitely caught up on the weight gain. I am so dang uncomfortable. I should be trying to get some exercise but I can barely walk from my bedroom to the kitchen without being in pain. I just have so much pressure. I feel like I need to lift my belly when I walk. So, instead of getting my exercise, I am vigilantly eating my oreos, ice cream or whatever else I feel like having, in bed everynight. Mind you, I am able to make it to the refrigerator every night. Come on, I feel like I deserve it. In reality, I complain about my large behind and then 10 minutes later I am dishing me up some ice cream. What a shame, what a shame.

Anywho...

We set my induction date for March 17th. We have to take the baby early because of the medication I am on and my doctor only gave me two days to choose from. So, only one more week to go. I guess St. Patrick's Day could be a fun birthday, right? I hope she won't be upset that we chose this day. Who knows, maybe she will decide to come even earlier. It's so strange to pick the day anyway. It doesn't feel right. Things are still looking good though and we are just praying for a healthy baby.

Parker is finally starting to show that he is excited about this baby. Everyday he kisses my belly and says in the funniest baby voice, "Hi baby sister." He has picked up that adults talk to baby's and pets this way. He talks to grandma's dog this way too. Yesterday he put a chip on my belly and said, "That's for baby sister." I told him she couldn't eat it, so I did and he was not happy with me. I can just imagine him trying to feed her Doritos when she is a week old. Oh dear.

I am finding that I am feeling more nervous and apprehensive about this baby. I guess it's because I know what is going to take place during delivery and the weeks to follow. I am nervous about how we will do with two kids and am scared that Parker will feel like we don't love him as much. I know it's ridiculous, but I just have so many worries. I do know that things will be fine, I just know that life is about to really change!

My talented sister-in-law took some maternity photos of me and Mr. Parker last night. I think she did a fabulous job. She did get some of Parker kissing my belly but I don't have them yet. I will have to post them later. Hopefully she won't get too mad at me for posting these on my blog. Her blog is http://kristymayesphotography.blogspot.com/. Look at my big, round belly!
I love this picture of Parker. This fits his personality perfectly. It's totally a face he always makes!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melissa,

Kristie was showing me these new maternity pictures. I wanted to make sure you were okay when I saw that this new comment had been up for nearly three hours and you had yet to make a comment. I will follow up soon if I don't see a response.

Love your favorite big brother

Anonymous said...

Melissa, where are you?

Teddy said...

Love the pics, thanks for the update. I was just asking if I had missed the birth announcement:) You look fantastic. Good luck with the delivery and everything.

p.s. when love is shared it multiplies.

kdance10 said...

Kriste, I am a friend of kristy's. She did an awesome job and it probably helped to have such a cute little model. Good luck with the baby. Tell kory Kaycee kelson dance says hello

Heidi Rogers said...

OOH your too funny, your belly is cute, and you have NO FAT else where. I love the pics, and my little Parker pants. Can't wait til next week so I can play w/the baby.

hoLLY said...

Girl you look so great! i dont see an ounce of fat any where on you! im so jealous! good luck next week! let me know how it all goes!

JeRrY aNd MeLiSsA said...

Do I post a comment that promptly usually? Anyways I haven't checked it for a few days so I didn't know there was a new post. I love the new pictures both you and Parker are so cute in these pictures. I'm so excited for the new baby!

JeRrY aNd MeLiSsA said...

I can't believe how big Parker looks! He is not a toddler anymore, he is a big boy. I miss him!

Nicole said...

Your belly doesn't even look real. It's like you just shoved a bowling ball in there. The pictures are gorgeous. You should be a maternity model. My niece's birthday is on the 17th and I always remember it because of that. There are definately worse holidays to be born on. Maybe it might be even a little lucky. As for Parker, I found with Kennedy the more I involved her with the babies the better she felt. Even if they just grab a diaper, wipe a face, or get a toy. It made her feel like she was really important since she could help. Can't wait to see the pics of your little girl. Do you have a name by the way?