Friday, September 11, 2009

Parker's 3rd Birthday

Parker turned 3 last week. THREE, I know, I can't believe it either!

His birthday began with me waking him up by singing, Happy Birthday to you! He woke up and asked me, "Is it my birthday today, like right now?" I said, "Yes, your birthday is right now!" He then responded to me with a puzzled look, "Well, who started my birthday?" I had to stop a moment and think about this. In his mind, he is wondering why on earth his birthday is going on while he has been asleep. Who on earth started this special day without him knowing? I think it was a relevant question. So, much like a Ringmaster in a circus, or the Grand Marshal at a NASCAR race, I will officially start my kids' birthday's with, "Get Ready, Get Set, And Start Your BIRTHDAY!"Parker has always loved waffles and strawberries, so he started the day with breakfast and then on to a small party at daycare.Parker told me he wanted a Batman party, with Batman party hats and a Spiderman cake. Well, we went with a Batman theme and the best I could do were masks. Most everyone were good sports and wore the masks.
Boston didn't actually seem too thrilled to wear the mask, but he was a team player!

He even got Buzz Lightyear pajamas. Of course he immediately had to put them on and try out the wings. "TO INFINITY AND DE-ON!" (Yes, like Celine Dion, I love it when he says this. It really never gets old and I hear it about 20 times a day!)What a fun day full of food, family and a whole lof of fun. I just love this little boy. He definitely keeps us laughing!

6 comments:

hoLLY said...

oh! i love his cake ....so cute! he is such a funny little guy love all the pics!

JeRrY aNd MeLiSsA said...

Oh how I love Mr. Parker! I'm very sad I missed his birthday. I can't believe how much he is growing up and so fast. I love to hear all the funny stories about what he says. He is just a character. Hopefully he isn't getting sick of always getting books from me! Miss you all!! XOXOXO

Teddy said...

What a fun birthday! He is growing up too fast! Make it stop:)

little olsen clan said...

what a handsome boy! Looks like he had a great birthday! How are you doing? Having 2 makes things a lot crazier eh?

Kristy said...

Sorry for my child being in almost every picture, he wanted in on all the excitment! I love me some Parker he is one funny dude!

Heidi Rogers said...

Parker is the funniest kid ever. I love him too much! Brohlen thinks he should live with us... that is what he is saying right now!