Thursday, March 4, 2010

Bring On Spring!

I can feel it... I can feel myself being lifted from my funk. It's amazing what just a little bit of sunshine can do for your spirit.... mind you, it's still only 40 degrees, but the snow has melted and the sun has been showing itself every so often. I've finally realized that I have been in a funk for the last few months. I don't know if you would call it depression, or just a funk. Probably a bit of both. I do usually get sicker in the winter, and this winter has been no exception. So, that doesn't help the funky situation any. And I seem to get very discouraged every winter. But, I have been feeling better the last few weeks and that is such a blessing!

I do know that a little bit of sunshine makes my insides happy though, and it's nice to feel some inner happiness. I realize that I have only been going through the motions the last few months... everyday, I do as little as possible to get by and I am still running on empty. I feel I am spread so thinly among all of my callings in life, and I give only 50% to each. I know most mothers and women feel this way, but today I am admitting it. I am getting by though, and taking care of the things that must be done, and I guess that is what counts.

The winter is so cold and dreary though. January is grey and cold, and then there is February; still cold, but a bit less dreary. I am ready for the new beginnings of spring. Come on March.. bring on the tulips; bring on April; bring on Easter; bring on the bright colors; bring on the green grass; bring on the outdoors!

I am ready to be whole again! Bring it on!


3 comments:

Teddy said...

I'm feelin' ya with the doing as little as possible. Sometimes I wonder how this happened that I have no desire to do ANYTHING! Once you get some spring, send it our way!
p.s. the pics on Kristys blog are so precious!

Three K's and Two P's said...

Well, I spoke to soon Teddy. We woke up this morning to a winter wonderland. I knew it would happen...
Spring is coming though, and when it does, I will send her your way:)

JeRrY aNd MeLiSsA said...

It feels like Spring here but I'm afraid we will wake up to snow too! Those pictures of Preslie are so adorable. You and Kory did a great job of making a beautiful little girl. I love them and can't wait to see all of you again!