Sunday, April 13, 2008

Why is this so hard for me?

We are moving, yes, finally moving. We realized that we had outgrown our duplex the day we brought Parker home from the hospital. Not really but with all the toys and baby things we definitely realized that we wouldn't be bringing home another baby to live here. We need a bigger place. The whole moving idea is very, very bitter-sweet. In the conversations I have had with Kory, I have said how excited I am to have a new house and to leave our little home, which is true-- but in all actuality, it's so sad to think of leaving. I laid awake about a week ago thinking of all the memories we have had in our little home and it's so hard for me to think of packing up and leaving it all behind. I start to cry whenever I begin to think about it-- I am actually getting teary right now. This was our first home together as a married couple. We have shared so many memories here. This is also Parker's first home. This is where we brought him home to.To think of a new little family moving in and using the nursery that Kory worked so hard on is hard for me (even though we didn't use it much, other than a play room). I guess since we are not selling it though, I can ask the renters if I can go in and sit in the room and cry. That's not too weird, right? LOL.

This is where Parker first crawled and took his first steps. This is where I have spent many a sleepless night with a sick little boy. This is where Parker has had many a bubble bath and this is where he had his first sledding experience in the backyard.
This is where Parker had his first birthday party and where he learned to say his first words. I could go on and on. Kory keeps reiterating that we will make new memories in a new place and I realize this, but it doesn't make it any easier. We are closing a chapter in our lives and opening a new one. I know, I know, we all have to make changes and to grow, such is life. I just have a hard time letting go.

Goodbye to our sweet little duplex. Hello to my mom's and her basement for 6 months. We are sure going to miss this place!


1 comment: