Thursday, April 10, 2008

SO VERY SICK!




I had a bit of a scare on Monday. Sorry, this is going to be a long story. I woke up about 3 am feeling so sick. I got out of bed and went and immediately threw up. I was thinking great, Kory has poisoned me (not really). I went and laid on the couch and decided to watch a little tv since I was feeling so sick. About a half hour later I threw up again and started having chest pains. Anyway, I continued to throw up until about 8 am and still had a constant pain in my chest that had now moved into my back. I was laying in on the bathroom floor and Parker came in with a puzzled look. I said, "Mommy is sick," and he came over and said, "Sick, I so-wee," and rubbed my back. Kory saw how sick I was and told me we should probably go to Instacare to see what was going on. I hesitated but knew it was probably for the best. I actually was hesitant because I was a mess and knew I would not be able to freshen myself since I could barely stand. I actually haven't shaved my legs this winter and knew that I was going to frighten anyone that had to look at my legs.

Kory definitely knew I was ill when I left the house in maroon pants and a green shirt with slippers on reaking of sickness So, the wait at the clinic was about an hour and we finally saw the doctor. They decided to do an EKG and do some x-rays. After an hour wait another dr. came in and said that they were a bit worried about my EKG. The results showed inverted lines which could be a sign of paracarditis (fluid around the heart). Of course I started to panic and figured that I was about to die... The dr. said they were waiting for a cardiologist to call to see what the next steps would be. We waitied for another half hour when the dr. came in and said the cardiologist hadn't called but he recommended us going to the ER. Of course I didn't want to go to the ER but I was too worried about my heart stopping so we headed to the hospital.
At the hospital they hooked me up to an IV and gave me some pain medication. So, I was feeling much better at that point. They did another EKG (now two guys had to stick the sticky's on my legs and they looked so frightened by the hair. Kory was a bit embarrased.) and the ER doc said he didn't see anything too alarming. What? Nothing alarming? Why did we rush here? They did an ultrasound of my chest and looked at my gall bladder and said that things looked alright. The ER doc gave me a prescription for acid indigestion and told me to go home and take the medication. I WAS SO MAD. I went to the ER for indigestion? My gut tells me that there was something else going on because I have never been so sick. I would have rather been in labor! What a day!

No comments: