Monday, April 21, 2008

So Very Blessed...

I was randomly looking at blogs online...I know, what a crazy and fantastically wild life I live. Well, to be honest, I was searching for my name on the blogger search and I came across a blog of someone with the same name as me. Well, my maiden name. As I was looking at her blog, I read that she recently lost her little baby girl due to the effects of Trisomy 18. The syndrome is caused by the presence of an extra material from chromosome 18 which interferes with normal development.

While reading the blog I came across a video post of another family's who son had the same disorder. The video is called 99 Balloons. I will warn all mother's or anyone who loves a child, this will be tear at your heart. The video was put together by the parent's of the little boy and it is honestly so beautiful. I wanted to share the video with those who may have not seen it. http://www.ignitermedia.com/products/iv/singles/570/99-balloons

After watching the video and seeing the true love and devotion that the parent's have and had for their son, I feel so very ungrateful and feel that I take so many things for granted. This couple has such great faith and was so thankful for each day. I should be giving thanks every day for my healthy son and celebrating each day. We get so busy with the trivial things in life that we take for granted the true blessings...I should feel so blessed to have my son to share in this life on this mortal earth.

What an inspiration this couple is...
(sorry, I am so sentimental and emotional lately. What is my problem?)

3 comments:

Kristy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristy said...

I thought I sent that link to you a few months ago guess not. It's so sad to watch again, I had Jason watch with me and we both had tears how could you not. We are truly blessed I need to be more thankful for Boston's health, rather then thinking there is going to be something wrong. I have had him for more the 99 days and that is a blessing!

Heidi Rogers said...

I love my little PARKER !!! He needs to come and play... So post more pictures of him. And of the house