Friday, September 12, 2008

This is my life!

So, I am not writing this for anyone to feel bad for me, I just thought I would share my luck. As most of you know, I have an auto-immune disease which puts me at high risk in my pregnancy. I have to see my Rheumatologist monthly, my normal OB and now a Perinatologist. I start with this new doctor next week. I have been told by all of my doctor's, and will be told again on Tuesday when I visit this new doctor, of my risks of carrying this baby and the many things that can go wrong. Of course, Kory and I try to stay positive and try to keep in mind that I had a healthy pregnancy before, I can do it again. I know they only tell me these things because they have to, but we are well aware by now of the possible complications.
So, on to the new ordeal...

On Sunday I developed a strange pain near my right shoulder blade. I had Kory rub it and he looked at it and told me he thought I had been bit by something. I went and looked at it myself and sure enough, it looked like something had bit me a few times. I didn't really think much of it. A few days went by and the strange bumps were still there and they were sore. A friend I work with, took a look at it and said it looked like shingles to her. So, of course I got worried and decided to go see the doctor. After three hours at the doctor last night, I was finally diagnosed with shingles. So, being the worrier I am, I looked online at the possible ocomplications and have now worried myself sick. They prescribed me an anti-viral medication to take but it's a category C drug, so they don't know how it will affect the baby!

I called my mother-in-law and had her talk to the pharmacist and she said she would take the drug. So, if my doctor and the pharmacist say they advantages outweigh the risks, I guess I take the drug.

As if I don't have enough to worry about with this pregnancy. I guess with the stress of moving and school and everything, I gave myself shingles. Ahh man! Just call me SHINGLY GIRL. I pray that things will be fine, and of course I have been told it's so rare to get shingles while pregnant. But I am always the exception.

5 comments:

Teddy said...

We're praying for you, especially to be able to keep your pregnancy. Get well!

JeRrY aNd MeLiSsA said...

Oh that sux! I'm sorry to hear you have shingles! Aren't they adult chicken pox? I hope you get better soon! Miss you guys! :)

Heidi Rogers said...

Shingly girl, I really do love ya.. I love the fact that you have a great sense of people and your self, I love the fact that you can look at the big picture and not just do what ever they say to do, I love ya because your you... It is not bad luck it is just life and it is ok, because your GREAT!!

Nicole said...

I'm so sorry. It is hard enough being pregnant without any other complications. I had PUPS with Kennedy and thought I was going to go crazy. I had a million doctor appointments with the twins which seem to get worse the further along you get. Kennedy started to get really sick of them as I'm sure Parker might so if you ever need a babysitter let me know, I'd be more than happy too. We'll be praying for and if you need anything let me know.

hoLLY said...

hey girl,
i found your blog from Missys. Congrats on baby #2 and im sorry about your shingles:( your little boy is so cute, I cant believe how big he is! do you know what your having?